Friday, October 26, 2012

Q: Am I Back ?

A: - I dont know.

Was just reading an article, or should rather say a short story, The Semplica-Girl Diaries, by George Saunders, on The New Yorker. The author has a simple philosophy behind the story - He writes. He writes everyday, because if he writes a page a day, he is overwhelmed to realise that by the end of the year, he will have written a 356 page book! Not to publish, but for his posterity to read about how it was at his times. A great thought I would say. And thus, here I am writing after a long while, defenitely not for my posterity, but for me to read, may be a couple of years down the lane, and smile, may be sit and ponder what crap i used to write!

So I'll get back to the story now, since my manager( who sits right behind my cube and can see my screen)  is off today and I have nothing to do at office on a lazy Friday afternoon. I do have Sandy at the back of my mind. Yeah, Sandy. I always wonder who names these cyclones and hurricanes( Katrina, Sandy ..) ? The Met Dept ? I dnt think so, they sound too boring to do such stuff. Yeah, so Sandy - The Hurricane is coming to the East Coast, probably day after tomorrow, and with an impressive record of gobbling 21 + lives as of now; scaring us all over the coast. Who wouldnt? The Weather Channel says its gained a speed of over 80 miles per hour ( More than Shatabdi Exp ? ).


So lets welcome Sandy and my return here by getting back to The New Yorker . Trust me, it feels so good to write.

No comments: